Identify the three cultural regions of North America directly preceding colonization. Note one group for each area and describe its culture and the distinctive traits that defined the communities it created.
1. Identify the three cultural regions of North America directly preceding colonization. Note one group for each area and describe its culture and the distinctive traits that defined the communities it created.
2. The 1400s marked a time of exploration and expansion for Europe. Identify and explain three developments that stimulated this age of exploration.
3. Describe Bacon s Rebellion. Be sure to include the causes, outcomes, and overall significance of the Rebellion within your response.
4. The African slave trade held economic benefits for both the countries of Europe and the colonies of the Americas. However, the effects of the trade on Africa were far from beneficial. What effects did the trade have on Africa, and how did these effects weaken the economic, social, and political structure of that continent?
5. As both England and France solidified their colonial empires, contact with the natives was inevitable. However, each group treated natives differently. Compare and contrast the native relations of each group. Which group created a strong alliance with natives and why?
6. Identify the different regions of English colonial America during the 1700s. Describe each region, being sure to include information concerning religion, economics, government, and culture.
7. Compare and contrast the Federalist and Democratic Republican attitudes toward the national government. Include a clear discussion of the differences their leaders held
8. A number of disagreements occurred at the Constitutional Convention of 1787. What were they and how were they resolved?
9. What was the American System? After defining it, identify and thoroughly describe its three main elements.
10. Outline the events that led to Marbury v. Madison. What lasting consequences did this decision hold? Was it a win for Federalists or Democratic Republicans and why?
11. Discuss the innovations that marked the Transportation Revolution between 1800 and 1840. How did the Transportation Revolution affect America?
12. What led to the emergence of an American middle class? How did the structure and nature of the family change with this emergence?
13. Using Oregon as a model, identify and thoroughly detail the three usual stages of frontier development.
14. Abolition was arguably the most important reform of the era. It would become an explosive issue that tore the nation apart. Discuss the objectives of the movement and describe the methods the leaders employed. What reactions did the methods and movement as a whole evoke within the different sections of the nation?
15. Address the role of women as army nurses. What opportunities did it create? Did it have a greater affect on one region than the other? Why or why not?
16. Compare and contrast the political attitudes toward slavery of Stephen A. Douglas with those of Abraham Lincoln. What were the results of the Lincoln Douglas Debates?
- For this activity you will undertake an analysi...
- A skeptical paranormal researcher claims that t...
- Please help with the following problem. I need ...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies