A grandmother is looking for a plan to finance her new grandchild’s college education.
A grandmother is looking for a plan to finance her new grandchild’s college
education. She has $62,000 to invest. Search the internet and locate a
long-range investment plan, CD, Savings Bond, etc, for the grandmother. The plan
is to earn compound interest.
Calculate the future value of the investment. You must use the advertised
interest rate, the number of compounding periods per year, and the time the
funds will be invested. If you are not given the number of compounding periods a
year, make it up.
- The principal is $62,000. This is P.
- Research the annual interest rate for your investment. This is r.
- State the time in years for the investment (as in when the new grandchild
will be attending college). This is t.
- State the number of compounding periods per year. This is n.
- Model the future value of Grandma’s investment as an exponential function,
with time as the independent variable: F(t) = P(1 + r/n)
- State the future value of Grandma’s investment.
- Use the internet or library resources to find the average cost of a college
education today; will grandma’s investment be able to cover the cost in today’s
dollars; what about in the future?
- Summarize your findings in writing using proper style and
Include references formatted according to APA style
What are different ratio categories? Which category is most important to bondholders? Why? Which category is most important to stockholders? Why?What are different ratio categories? Which cate...
1. (Expected rate of return and risk) Summerville Inc. is considering an investment in one of two common stocks.1. (Expected rate of return and risk) Summervil...
Andrea Corbridge is considering forming a portfolio consisting of Kalama Corp. and Adelphia Technologies. The corporations have a correlation of -0.1789, and their expected returns and standard deviations are as follows:Andrea Corbridge is considering forming a portf...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies