Analyze the history of Reconstruction to identify the concrete gains which African Americans won during this time period.
Analyze the history of Reconstruction to identify the concrete gains which
African Americans won during this time period. Explain the role of the federal
government in extending rights to them and protecting those rights, and explain
how the gains of Reconstruction were reversed. Summarize your conclusions on
these issues by responding to the following questions:
- Were the goals of Radical Reconstruction feasible ones?
- Is it possible to transform a society drastically by government action, or
might attempts to do so prove counterproductive?
- Would a more gradualist approach to extending rights to and establishing
freedom for African Americans have been more successful?
- What would be the costs and dangers of such an approach?
- When the FASB issues new standards, the impleme...
- Assume you are the ethics officer for a waste m...
- Corporations define themselves in terms of bein...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies