Case Questions 1. You’re a senior manager at a growing business and you’re ready to add employees. Your HR manager has recommended a temp-to-perm policy.
1. You’re a senior manager at a growing business and you’re ready to add employees. Your HR manager has recommended a temp-to-perm policy. You know the advantages of this approach, but what might be some of the disadvantages?
2. Assume that you’re a prospective job seeker (which you may very well be). What do you personally see as the advantages and disadvantages of taking a temp-to-perm position? Under what circumstances are you most likely to take a temp-to-perm position?
3. What sort of challenges are likely to confront a manager who supervises a mix of temporary and permanent employees? In what ways might these challenges differ if the temporary workers have been hired on a temp-to-perm basis rather than on a strictly temporary basis?
“For Some, a Patchwork of Jobs Pays the Bills,” Boston.com, March 27, 2009, www.boston.com on April 15, 2011; Kristin Kridel, “Overqualified Applying for Temporary Work,” Spokesman.com, March 4, 2009, www.spokesman.com on April 15, 2011; Anne Fisher, “Be a Manager and a Temp?” CNNMoney.com, March 16, 2009, www.cmfassociates.com on April 15, 2011; Sital Patel, “Skill Level of Temp Workers Rises amid Reces sion,” Fox Business, February 27, 2009, www.jobs-work-employment.com on April 15, 2011; U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), “Employer Costs for Employee Compensation,” news release, December 2010, www.bls.gov on March 31, 2009; BLS, “Table 12. Private Industry, by Industry Group and Full-Time and Part-Time Status,” news release, December 2010, www.bis.gov on April 15, 2011.
Grading Rubric :
Respond to the three Case Study questions. Your responses should be consistent with the role provided (senior manager, job seeker, manager); include specific examples; and a justification for your point of view.
|Organization, spelling, and grammar,15 points.
Correctly produced APA parenthetical citations and References list,5 points.
- According to an IRS study, it takes an average ...
- General K. is concerned about sexually transmit...
- Kimble Products: Is There a Difference In the C...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies