Case Questions 1. You’re a senior manager at a growing business and you’re ready to add employees. Your HR manager has recommended a temp-to-perm policy.
1. You’re a senior manager at a growing business and you’re ready to add employees. Your HR manager has recommended a temp-to-perm policy. You know the advantages of this approach, but what might be some of the disadvantages?
2. Assume that you’re a prospective job seeker (which you may very well be). What do you personally see as the advantages and disadvantages of taking a temp-to-perm position? Under what circumstances are you most likely to take a temp-to-perm position?
3. What sort of challenges are likely to confront a manager who supervises a mix of temporary and permanent employees? In what ways might these challenges differ if the temporary workers have been hired on a temp-to-perm basis rather than on a strictly temporary basis?
“For Some, a Patchwork of Jobs Pays the Bills,” Boston.com, March 27, 2009, www.boston.com on April 15, 2011; Kristin Kridel, “Overqualified Applying for Temporary Work,” Spokesman.com, March 4, 2009, www.spokesman.com on April 15, 2011; Anne Fisher, “Be a Manager and a Temp?” CNNMoney.com, March 16, 2009, www.cmfassociates.com on April 15, 2011; Sital Patel, “Skill Level of Temp Workers Rises amid Reces sion,” Fox Business, February 27, 2009, www.jobs-work-employment.com on April 15, 2011; U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), “Employer Costs for Employee Compensation,” news release, December 2010, www.bls.gov on March 31, 2009; BLS, “Table 12. Private Industry, by Industry Group and Full-Time and Part-Time Status,” news release, December 2010, www.bis.gov on April 15, 2011.
Grading Rubric :
Respond to the three Case Study questions. Your responses should be consistent with the role provided (senior manager, job seeker, manager); include specific examples; and a justification for your point of view.
|Organization, spelling, and grammar,15 points.
Correctly produced APA parenthetical citations and References list,5 points.
- 5)Annuity Period. As you increase the length of...
Going to pay $100 into an account at the beginning of each of the next 40 years. At the beginning of the 41st year,Going to pay $100 into an account at the beginn...
1. In two to three paragraphs, explain why the concept of present value is so important for corporate finance and is often the very first topic taught in any finance class.1. In two to three paragraphs, explain why the ...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies