Euthyphro – Plato In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept of piety/holiness.
Euthyphro – Plato
In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept of piety/holiness. This essay will not only test your ability to recognize and engage philosophical concepts and analysis, but also brings you into the dialogue as a participant, asking you to create your own definition of holiness.
Read the Euthyphro, and write a paper in which you do the following:
- Explain how the concept of holiness emerges in the dialogue and why it takes a prominent position in the conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro.
- Present the three definitions that Euthyphro uses in his response to Socrates, and then explain how Socrates refutes each of Euthyphro’s definitions.
- Formulate your own argument as to what you think Socrates’s goal is in this dialogue. How do you know that is his goal? What features of the dialogue align with your interpretation of his goal?
- Provide your own definition of piety/holiness and then create a Socratic response/critique of your definition. After you present your definition, take on the role of Socrates and respond to your own definition as you think he would.
The paper must be at least three pages in length, formatted according to APA style, and include a title and a reference page (which does not count towards the page length).
Explain the organizational and societal functions of PR. You must use at least one credible, external sourceExplain the organizational and societal functio...
- 1) What is a Web site mission statement and how...
- Of all the organizational paradigms and combina...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies