Provide an example of a food chain in the area where you live.
- Provide an example of a food chain in the area where you live.
- Humans are parts of food chains and food webs, too. Where on a food web would you typically find humans (near the bottom with the producers, at the top with carnivores, or somewhere in between)?
- What are some advantages of being part of a food web rather than a food chain?
Here is a food web for Lake Michigan:
To see this PDF, you’ll need to download the free Adobe Reader .
- In the Lake Michigan food web, is it possible to identify the most important producer? Why or why not?
- What would happen if there was a change in the population size for any one of the producers (either an increase or a decrease)? How could these changes impact other producers and organisms on other trophic levels?
- Provide at least two types of impacts that humans could have on this food web.
- Read the description of the sea lamprey on page 2 of the food web. This species is described as non-native.
- Propose a mechanism for how this fish was introduced to Lake Michigan.
- What challenges could occur within a food web when a new predator like this is introduced into an ecosystem?
- What natural population controls are missing for this species within this food web?
- Do you think steps should be taken to eradicate this species from the food web? Explain why or why not? If so, what steps can be implemented?
I need a hand getting started with this question. A bagel shop buys each bagel for $0.08 and sells each bagel for $0.35. Leftover bagels at the end ofI need a hand getting started with this questio...
Identify a specific organization that is considering diversifying their business activities into other types of businesses….. and,Identify a specific organization that is consid...
Develop a list of variables that may affect economies of scale (taxes, rent, overhead costs, quantity discounts on ordering from suppliers,Develop a list of variables that may affect eco...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies