This week you will reflect on the debate of organized sports vs. unstructured free play.
This week you will reflect on the debate of organized sports vs. unstructured free play. Over the years, parents, teachers, and researchers have weighed the advantages and disadvantages of each in consideration as to what is most appropriate for young children.
In this discussion forum you will research the issues and then offer the pros and cons for both organized sport and unstructured free play in the following categories:
- Cost of equipment and participation
- Safety and injuries
- Relevance within a school environment
- Inclusion of children with special needs
- Developing relationships within the community
- Home/school connection
You must include at least two outside sources. One source should support organized sports and one should support unstructured free play. Start your research using the Ashford Library databases.
- Read the following article from the Economist, ...
- Read the following article on China’s cur...
- Read the following case and respond to the ques...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies