What accounts for the proliferation of rural utopian communities in nineteenth-century
1. What accounts for the proliferation of rural utopian communities in nineteenth-century America?
2. How did the abolitionists’ proposals and methods differ from those of earlier antislavery movements? Why did those proposals and methods arouse such hostility in the South and in the North?
3. How do you explain the appearance of the women’s rights movement? What were its goals and why did they arouse intense opposition?
4. How would you explain the large and expanding domestic trade in slaves between 1800 and 1860? What combination of factors produced this result?
5. Why in 1860 did white southerners remain committed to the institution of slavery and its expansion?
- Define the elasticity of demand. What has happe...
Twin brothers, Tom and Bill, constantly fight over toys. For instance, Tom will argue it is his turn to play with a toy, while Bill argues it is his turn. Their parents frequently have toTwin brothers, Tom and Bill, constantly fight o...
- What do you think will happen to the price and ...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies