Fast Food Nutrition Presentation
• Create an iProfile profile that is reflective of the entire team. Include an average of the heights, weights, ages, and activities of the team. The team may choose the gender.
• Enter each member’s fast-food intake diet into iProfile one day at a time. Remember to save the results of the analysis. You must use all the reports to provide information for completing the presentation.
• Prepare a 15 minute, 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that addresses the following points:
o Recorded micronutrient intake
• How does the recorded micronutrient intake compare with the recommendations of the DRI? If the recorded micronutrients were too high or too low, which foods might the team change to achieve your goal and keep other micronutrients in balance?
• Which foods in the recorded daily intake provide specific micronutrients— specific vitamins and minerals?
• What might be the effects of too much or too little of the five micronutrients missing from this diet?
o Dietary modifications
• What modifications might you make to replace choices in your fast-food meals with vegetables, fruits, meat and meat alternatives, or grains?
• If you chose fruit juice instead of whole fruit, what might happen to the fiber content in your diet? If you chose purchased fruit juice instead of whole fruit, what might happen to the calorie content of your diet?
• What is the relationship between energy balance and weight management?
o Nutritional issues
• How might insufficient or excessive amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, or fibers contribute to one’s health or illness? Be specific and provide examples.
• What are some current nutritional issues, such as obesity or malnutrition that might result from a fast-food diet?
• What three facts do you find particularly interesting about the excess or lack of micronutrients in a fast-food diet?
• What is the role of water in promoting health?
• What is the long-term outlook for individuals on a fast-food diet in terms of longevity and quality of life?
• Reference at least three peer-reviewed journal articles and information from two credible websites for a total of five references.
- When the FASB issues new standards, the impleme...
- Assume you are the ethics officer for a waste m...
- Corporations define themselves in terms of bein...
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- General Questions
- Health Care
- Political Science
- Religious Studies