Imagine you are a teacher getting ready for your first IEP/504 meeting for one of your students who has a mild hearing disability (you can choose any age range from the Inclusion Chart you completed).
- As an integral part of the IEP/504 team, how will you prepare yourself for this meeting?
- What are three important items to consider about this student before making any recommendations to the committee (e.g., what needs might this child have)?
- What information is important to know about a mild hearing disability and how will that information affect performance/learning/behavior in the classroom?
- What are two accommodations that might be beneficial for this student and why (see table 2.1 in your course text)?
- What is one modification that might help this student and why?
- Lastly, what are the differences between accommodations and modifications?
- Please also include your completed Inclusion Chart as an attachment
required text : Powell, S. R. & Driver, M. K. (2013). Working with exceptional students: An introduction to special education. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.