Please note that you are required to support your views by citing your sources in all assignments. Even if the question asks for your opinion, you are still expected to support your opinion with references to published works and other materials. APA Format is necessary for your assignments when citing references, and assistance on how to do so is available using the APA Citation Center.
- Choose Library from the top navigation bar.
- Choose APA Citation Center from the left navigation bar.
- Click Example Sources.
- Scroll down and click APA Documentation.
For more information on citing your sources, please click on “About this Course” link in the classroom.
Based on the feedback from your peers and instructor regarding your topic, finalize the thesis you will pursue for your research. Now you will develop a research plan that will include the following:
- Thesis statement: This statement presents the problem or issue you intend to research and should be clear and concise.
- Hypothesis: This is a statement of prediction regarding the results of the problem or issue. Briefly identify your working solution to the problem. How might your working solution solve the problem? Be sure to note here that your working solution will evolve through continued research and analysis.
- Measurement and analysis approach: Define the key points you will research and how you will gather and analyze the data you find. Intend to incorporate information related to technology and crime statistics that apply to your issue.
- Applicable resources: Identify 5 sources you have found that are most relevant and best support your purpose statement. List the sources and then record the main idea as notes to use as part of your research later. Identify case studies, library, Web, and other scholarly resources.
- Ethical standards: What are your ethical and legal responsibilities to ensure your final report will be of the highest ethical standards?